Operation Gate Crasher

Stories and RP Threads
Kadai Montanya

Operation Gate Crasher

Post by Kadai Montanya » 12/19/18 08:46 PM

Today is the day that would change many ponies lives, some for the better, some for the worse. Life was never fair, and for those that complained that their day was rough, never knew the hardships to those that truly walked through hell. There was a saying; Other ponies have it worse than you. Kadai knew this phrase quite well, and always remained quiet about his own situations that bothered him.. besides the present issue. Tartarus was known to house some of the worst criminals Equestria ever had to deal with, and was a place to send those that did not even deserve death, or were near impossible to vanquish and were therefore banished to a place where they could not be a threat. But, no matter where you store the most vile, so long as they have a will to keep living, they will find a way to claw their way back to terrorize those that wronged them. It was the duty of Equestria's Guard to serve and protect the nation against any, and all threats. Some branches focused on certain specialties, which made each, and everyone of them unique. The Celestial Guard were known for their last line of defense against impending extinction, on top of their more high risk operations. It was such, that a special time was organized to be sent into Tartarus to contain two threats of a breakout. Two threats, that if allowed to resurface upon the soils of Equestria, could be an existential risk to all life.

Kadai had been siting as his desk since the early hours of the morning, and into the late hours of the afternoon as he wrote, scrapped, then wrote again, the hardest letter he had ever had to write. He had always known he would have to take such a precautionary measure, but it wasn't comfortable to ever think about.. what could be. Reading through it one more time, he wanted to make sure it was adequate enough.

Dear my darling wife,
Rainfall Montanya,

Where do I even start? You are my moon, and stars. Never before have I ever felt so loved and cared for, that I cherish each moment we have together. When you get this letter.. if you get this letter, then it will mean I am gone. I know that for a long time, you have put up with my choices to pursue my beliefs of keeping Equestria safe, to be her shield against those that wished us harm. I promised you, that when the time comes when I am content knowing that our land is in capable hooves, that I will retire to allow the new generations be our shield. I wanted nothing but to provide for our filly, to ensure she grows up not in a state of war, or turmoil like I have. But this is why I have to go. You gave me a reason to keep fighting as hard as I do, to come back each time into your loving hooves with our daughter. You showed me how to love, how to care, and lifted the darkness from my heart. If I fall, then I fall willingly to protect you, Stella, our families, and Equestria. My sister will always be there for you, and I know she will need that support in return. Make sure Stella eats her veggies, and tell her that her father will know if she didn't. I do not believe in the afterlife.. but I will be waiting for you, my ever loyal wife.

Love you always, through thick and thin,
Kadai Montanya

The thestral signed his name with his quill before putting it down to roll up the parchment. Picking up the red candle upon his desk, he tilted it forward to pour hot wax on the parchment to seal it, before using a stamp to seal it with the sigil of his cutie mark. On the outside, he marked Rainfall's name to ensure that whoever found the letter, knew it was addressed to the wife of the Celestial Guard, and to ensure they knew.. he folded the hoodie he had worn to work and placed the letter on top of it. When they first started dating, it had been a hearthswarming present to him by Rainfall. She always wore hers, and got him a replica in a much larger size. Unfortunately, it wouldn't suit him for where he was headed, and was afraid it would burn. This gift was not something he would want to lose, and should he not return, his lover would possess it once more.

Pushing himself away from his desk, Kadai slowly approached the armor he had repaired and repurposed for his mission. It was his old set of dragoon armor from the time had been known as the Wrath in his service to Nightmare Moon. Image The dark ebony gleamed in the candle light as he stares down upon it with a look of remembrance. Lifting a hoof, he slowly touched the horned helmet, a smile spreading across his face as he remarks the repaired spikes upon the back. Slowly, he rose his hoof to touch the necklace with his wedding ring on. It was something he never took off, not even in this case. Bit by bit he began to adorn the armor; first starting with his chest, then his legs. After sliding the gauntlets on, he locked them into place to keep them from sliding off, which allowed him to effectively use the claws. The armor was light enough to allow him the agility he would need, but hard enough that if he were to take a hit, it could save his life. Of course, parts of his body would be exposed.. mainly his hooves and part of his chest. Picking up his helmet, he minded the horns before placing it on. With a loud metallic click, the visor came down over his face, the red eyes upon the helmet lighting up to allow him to see. Looking in the mirror, he made sure his armor was fastened tightly before making his way over to the weapon rack where Oath Keeper laid upon. Reaching up with his armored hoof, he ran it along the edge of the axe before taking it down. Testing the weight in his hooves, he gave himself a nod before strapping it across his back. With one final look back towards his desk, he thought about his family, which only strengthened his resolve to face the threat at hoof.

Leaving the office, the armored thestral made his way through the barracks headquarters, past Solar and Lunar Guards respectively. He got a few gasps and even a glare from some at him using such 'offensive' armor. Kadai Montanya couldn't care less, for they didn't know about the threat that loomed in a realm that would tear their minds apart. That morning he had set out the call to those he briefed to meet him at the rally point he chose, along with Moondancer who would open the insertion and exfil points for them. Once again, he used that run down storage room as their meeting point. Slipping inside, the Lieutenant waited for the others while standing - the spikes upon his armor would make siting incredibly hard and awkward.

// This is a closed rp, and for those that wish to join who weren't briefed on this will have to ask. Posts will be in the order of those who post their intros, with me being the DM. If you have any questions, please direct them to myself. I put this here in the forums to easier suit the timezone issues, and as it will most likely be quite the lengthy, ongoing rp.

Gilded Oak

Re: Operation Gate Crasher

Post by Gilded Oak » 12/19/18 09:08 PM

With a slip on of blood red war talon claws, the bat mare gave out a sigh as she was preparing herself for a battle she's been doing her best to prepare for. With a quick turn and fling of a knife, she hit a target mark right dead center on a wood pole. She felt satisfied she improved her skills in throwing weapons, since she'd need to make sure it was on point for what she was about to face against, magic. Magic was weakness for her that she had no real way to combat having no anit-magic of any sort. She'd have to rely on the special grenades that were given to her for that, but use them wisely since there was limited uses. She slung her scythe around over on her back, as it was in it's disguise as a pole staff, a heavy looking one at that, and couple bandoleers of throwing knives slung around on her form. She took a breath and headed off to the meeting point.

She would soon get a few looks when on the castle grounds but paid them no mind as she focused on the task at hoof. She pushed past them all and went into the storage room, finding Kadai was there already with a few others so far. She found herself a crate to seat on as she looked at his armor attire. "Don't you look scary, Kad bat." She said with a lighthearted chuckle. Despite their dire situation, she was still going to not let it bother her. she didn't think about 'what if' she though about the end goal, which was everyone coming out on top. "So how's the wife and kids?" She asked to make some small talk as she waited for things to come around in the meantime.

Wrought Alloy
Founding Member

Post by Wrought Alloy » 12/19/18 10:01 PM

A lot would have happened with Wrought since she was briefed on the operation. She almost completely forgot about it, though it remained in the back of her mind even as she went through joining Q Division and beginning her projects with them. With the message sent to the mansion, it wouldn't be long before she would receive the letter informing her of Kadai's summons. At the time she was in her work-in-late-progress airship drawing out where she expected the engine to be installed, given the letter and looking in surprise. "Oh! Well seems Kadai's ready...I better go get those 'flash' lights." She would thus make her way to her workshop in Q division to grab the items she made for the mission before making her way to the meeting point. She was hoping to see Moon there with the magical booster, given plenty of time had passed for such an item to be completed. Making her way to the rendezvous point, the mare would look around to see if she could spot Kadai.

Fintan Florent
Founding Member

Post by Fintan Florent » 12/23/18 10:59 PM

Fintan may have been one of the younger ponies invited to this, but he was far from unqualified. His service in the past in the Lunar Guard was quite noted, quickly becoming a very capable spell sword. His sword skill had become impressive, but his ability to use magic in conjunction with it was his strength. With his very defensive and reactive means of fighting, he hoped to contribute to the team not just with combat skill, but with smarts too. Like any mage, he was quite the book reader, and made sure to read up on Tartarus and magics that would be effective for them, especially for unanticipated events that may happen. And lastly, before he came to answer the call of duty with Kadai, he 'borrowed' a few artifacts from The Inquisition, his current employ, an organization that acted as a truth seeking organization that uncovered secrets, especially the dangerous types, found truth behind red tape and lies, and sought out to keep the dangerous and fantastic beings and objects in safe keeping. Sometimes they were called monster hunters, other times truth seekers, or worse, executioners. Regardless, Fintan had a duty to do, something that needed to be done and he was the one selected for the task, despite the more senior members giving him some funny looks. Being acquainted and trusted by Kadai probably had something to do with it, but The Inquisition wasn't precisely pure combat focused organisation. He would represent them and take part in the fight here.

"Inquisitor Fintan Florent, present." Said the young adult unicorn, looking a little more armored up than his usual garb. He had on his breastplate as always, but now with shoulder armor and chain mail leggings. His cape covered a reinforced spell book he had on one side, and the other had a coil of chains it seemed peaking out from under that. And, of course, he had his longsword with its custom magicite alloy embedded into it to enhance his magic tethering with it. But most notable of all, of all his armor and attire was, of course, the special attention to detail he gave his mane and eyes. He really didn't spare a single wasted moment on anything else. Despite his effeminate appearance, he made it look good.

Moondancer

Post by Moondancer » 12/25/18 06:21 PM

As Moondancer walked to the meeting she reflected for a time on how naive she could be, or used to be. Today brought to mind a conversation she had had with Shank when she found out that Equestria had clandestine organizations known to do several unsavory things. Things Celestia knew well about, or at the very least, she knew that agencies were working on her behalf doing things she would never normally allowing.

"I can't believe the twit sisters condone this kind of activity!" She had railed.

"Personally, I find it hard to believe they wouldn't. Every other great power has a unit like this. The Gryphons have the Silent Claws, the Zebras have the Obsidian Masks…" Shank had said, casual as talking about a summer day, smoking one of his large expensive cigars, chatting about the weather.

"But what does that say about us? When push comes to shove, are we willing to sacrifice our principles in order to survive?" She had asked.

"I wish I had an answer for you, Moondancer." Was his reply.

Of course, he DID have an answer, she reflected. Just not any answer that would have been satisfying to her. Only time and experience brought one the realization that the perfect little utopia of Equestria required sacrifices, dark work, death, and even suffering. The cost of great peace was great vigilance, and sometimes hard decisions had to be made. Things she never understood until time and times brought her to a place where she had had to make her own hard decisions.

"I have the spell ready, Kadai. Apparently, Princess Luna had the books on hoof, as it were."

Alona Flare

Post by Alona Flare » 12/25/18 06:59 PM

The door would be pushed open allowing the armored mare to enter. Chain and steel, gambeson and plate, weapons and other gear slung to her sides the walking tank of a mare would enter the room with the others removing the skirt that covered her muzzle with a wing tip, glancing between those currently assembled, dropping her bag of goodies down on the table in the middle of the room. Some gear acquired from independent sources, and some others from Q-Division. Eyes shifting towards Kadai, then Fintin, Moon, Gilded and Wrought she would roll her neck about with an audible pop. "Lieutenant Alona J Flare. Reporting for duty." She said in a flat and simple tone, glancing to Kadai's armor with a short smug smirk forming over her muzzle. "It's been a while since I saw you break out that armor Kadai. 3, maybe 4 years?" She rolled her wing slightly a moment through the air, then returned to a more professional posture.