I NEED SUGGESTIONS!- Pantheon

Random discussions of all kinds.
CrystalWave

I NEED SUGGESTIONS!- Pantheon

Post by CrystalWave » 9/12/18 10:10 PM

As the title states, I NEED SUGGSSTIONS! Recently I’ve begun working on a long term project.
I’m creating a pantheon.
What I mean by that, is that I am making an entire pantheon of gods. Not gods that are already found in mythology, not Aztec, not Greco-roman, not Nordic. An entirely new Pantheon or entirely new gods. I have some Ideas so farm and I’ll list them below, however I’m looking for some suggestions from you good ol’ creative folks as well. All suggestions welcome, but think of it as not modern, but ancient. Ex. Ancient Greece but not.
  • Spiderlike Mother Goddess of Desire and Lust
  • Armless god of Prayers/a Messenger
  • Goddess of Time and order
  • Gods of Knowledge and Power, a Pair. Knowledge=Power
  • Twin brothers of the Hunt/death?(WolfB)
  • The Jester- God of trickery, alcohol, gambling, and general goofiness. (ShatteredO)
  • ((I’ll add more to the list if I can as people give suggestions^^))

Notes For self: Relationships. Heavily intertwining. Family and friends. Enemies and revenge, etc.
Last edited by CrystalWave on 9/15/18 08:31 PM, edited 5 times in total.
"I'd say go to hell but I never want to see you again."
-Sylvia Plath

Bloodhound

Re: I NEED SUGGESTIONS!- Pantheon

Post by Bloodhound » 9/13/18 12:39 PM

Perhaps a god or goddess of fertility or good fortune. Mostly to be involved with farming and herding.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Wolfbane
Founding Member

Post by Wolfbane » 9/13/18 05:32 PM

Hm, This gave me an idea of sorts, Hear me out.

Maybe, there can be a god/goddess that works cohesively to another deity. Both separate but universally come together. A Ying/Yang diety.
Sounds confusing in words so I'll give an example...

Wolfbane's culture celebrates two transcendent beings known as The Feral Huntsmen.
They both represent the spirit of 'The Hunt' The differences between the two deities are...
-One celebrates the hunter's power, simply because they possess it willingly. He represents the psyche in the engagement, and the sinfulness of the hunt (I.E. Hunt for the sport, fun, senseless kill)
-One Honors the Hunt has a significant purpose and the order of things in life, Simply survival and only survival. And respecting those that participate in it. (I.E. Hunt for survival)

These ideologies are in a consistent clash and both do not work simply on their own without consequence.
Only balance brings them together as one unit.

I hope that gives you an idea of your own Pantheon! Looking forward to how this turns out.
I am (NOT) Good.
ImageA Beast roaming Wicked dreams.
Just. Like. You.

CrystalWave

Post by CrystalWave » 9/13/18 09:28 PM

Bloodhound wrote:
9/13/18 12:39 PM
Perhaps a god or goddess of fertility or good fortune. Mostly to be involved with farming and herding.
Similar to a Persephone archetype? :)
Wolfbane wrote:
9/13/18 05:32 PM

...A Ying/Yang diety.
Sounds confusing in words so I'll give an example...

Wolfbane's culture celebrates two transcendent beings known as The Feral Huntsmen.
They both represent the spirit of 'The Hunt' The differences between the two deities are...
-One celebrates the hunter's power, simply because they possess it willingly. He represents the psyche in the engagement, and the sinfulness of the hunt (I.E. Hunt for the sport, fun, senseless kill)
-One Honors the Hunt has a significant purpose and the order of things in life, Simply survival and only survival. And respecting those that participate in it. (I.E. Hunt for survival)

These ideologies are in a consistent clash and both do not work simply on their own without consequence.
Only balance brings them together as one unit.
This actually does give me some ideas and inspiration for something. Perhaps Twin brothers of the hunt, however their domain stretched to the hunting and killing of all things over time. Similar to the subjects and morality or immoralities of the battle field ;) Thankyou^^.
-Sylvia Plath

Age Old

Post by Age Old » 9/14/18 01:00 AM

One idea I had when doing a similar project a while ago went like this. Each and every god/goddess has a very different realtionship with each other. Almost like a large game of Rock, Paper, Scissors.

Say one god (god of progression?) Has a sour, deadly relationship with the goddess of destruction, while both of them are great friends with the goddess of life/creation. God of progression being in track with creation, while destruction is in a ting yang like state with life.

The thing is, almost all the gods and goddesses know that their friends are buddy buddy with their enemies, but it doesn't effect their relationships. Until a war or something breaks out.

CrystalWave

Post by CrystalWave » 9/14/18 01:19 PM

Age Old wrote:
9/14/18 01:00 AM
One idea I had when doing a similar project a while ago went like this. Each and every god/goddess has a very different realtionship with each other. Almost like a large game of Rock, Paper, Scissors.

Say one god (god of progression?) Has a sour, deadly relationship with the goddess of destruction, while both of them are great friends with the goddess of life/creation. God of progression being in track with creation, while destruction is in a ting yang like state with life.

The thing is, almost all the gods and goddesses know that their friends are buddy buddy with their enemies, but it doesn't effect their relationships. Until a war or something breaks out.
I see what you mean^^ I'll be sure to make a note. Relationships are a big part of the gods lives/peoples mythos after all.
-Sylvia Plath