How much income would the Mane Six earn?

Random discussions of all kinds.
Creative Aura

How much income would the Mane Six earn?

Post by Creative Aura » 9/9/18 12:25 AM

Money makes the world go around, even more than friendship, despite what the show might have you think.
How much money would the Mane Six usually earn for their jobs?
What would be the amount of spending money they would have?
Who is the wealthiest out of the Mane Six, and who is the poorest?
How poor or rich would Trixie be? Same for Sunburst?

Almsot everypony has to pay for at least food, and their house.

Sky N Nova

Re: How much income would the Mane Six earn?

Post by Sky N Nova » 9/9/18 01:15 AM

Lets see.... AJ seems to be doing fairly well for herself and probably earns a respectable income. Fluttershy probably earns the least of the bunch, I just can't see her charging much, if anything. Pinkie probably earns I'd say a fairly low wage but I doubt that would bother her. Twilight probably gets her income from tax money considering she is technically government. Rarity probably earns the most having a small franchise. Dashie....I'm not sure about mostly because I have no frame of reference, even considering she could be considered a meteorologist there is still alot that is up for interpretation with her paychecks.
The Internetian Air Force =°☆(ಠೆಒಠಿ)☆°= Detect Destroy Disconbobulate

Creative Aura

Post by Creative Aura » 9/9/18 01:21 AM

I see. Flutters might have the second highest amount of expensives to pay, due to all the food she needs for all her animinals, along with different equipment to take care of them, the money to buy all the animinal homes for them, paying for her own food and house etc.

And then there is the animal sanctury she opened, so that's even more expenses.

Vile
Founding Member

Post by Vile » 9/9/18 03:00 AM

I think its pretty clear ponies are too dumb to have a normal economy. How much is a bit worth even? Apparently anywhere between 1/3 and 5% of a cherry. How did Rarity just up and decide to open a several thousand square foot shop in the equivalent of manhattan where commercial space is something like 2000 dollars per sqft per month? How does the nation have a huge pristine royal guard employed for a thousand years without significant threats showing up?

Well fundamemtally money is food. And earth ponies have growth magic, pegasi control the fucking weather, and unicorns can pull whatever insane shit they want. I think Equestria is such an obscenely wealthy nation that money ends up just being a nondescript shiny thing that you use to negotiate with strangers.

My headcanon is that the reason there's so much animosity toward ponies is because they don't know the meaning of poverty or suffering, because theyre over powered but too dumb to realize it. Meanwhile dragins and griffons gotta fight to survive the ordinary way, and ponies act like friendship will magically solve all their problems and the griffons are dumb for not getting it.

Creative Aura

Post by Creative Aura » 9/9/18 03:18 AM

That's a point of view I didn't think I would see. Is it possible that poor ponies still exist in Equestria, who can't affrord houses or food? If bits don't have a clear value, then how can Griffins tell if your short changing them or not?

Vile
Founding Member

Post by Vile » 9/9/18 04:17 AM

Well griffonstone would have a proper currency. I imagine ponies can basically do whatever they want in equestria, vile just happens to want to be a homeless rascal. But he can just abuse equestrian hospitality or make enough bits to rent a room by selling fucken dream catchers made out of soup cans because someone will think theyre neat and buy 30 for whatever dumb price he makes them.

Creative Aura

Post by Creative Aura » 9/9/18 04:34 AM

I see. How do you explain the extremely rich families though? If Equestria is really rich, then why is there such a class difference between normal ponies and them?

Vile
Founding Member

Post by Vile » 9/9/18 04:46 AM

Not trying to say theres no difficulty in equestria, just that every pony can prpbably achieve what they want through perseverence and a bit of neoptism. Rarity case and point. Basically she just became friends with the popular guy in the rich pony clique and then everything worked out.

Pinkie Pie

Post by Pinkie Pie » 9/9/18 10:24 AM

The way I see the elements in terms of pay.

I'll use Pinkie for example for ease.

She's a baker, so she'll get paid for that (though I imagine this, goes to paying to live in Sugar Cube Corner)
Party planner and wedding planner. (other events also) I think Pinkie would at least get paid for some of these.
Professor of Friendship, teacher. (not sure how much a teacher gets paid these days but that should be an influx of bits) Maybe not from students but from government etc etc.

Might not be wealthy in the sense of like the princesses but I think most of the mane six would get paid to be teachers these days :) just my thought on it
"We may be divided
But of you all, I beg
To remember we're all hoofed
At the end of each leg"

-Pinkie Pie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a93Za9KZzMA

Creative Aura

Post by Creative Aura » 10/6/18 11:11 PM

Oh ok. So any ideas what Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash would be like, with their pay from their jobs?
Along with taking into account expenditure?