Fallout Equestria: Ashes of friendship

It probably won't give you cancer.
Arctic Heart
Founding Member

Re: Fallout Equestria: Ashes of friendship

Post by Arctic Heart » 10/9/17 06:59 PM

Arctic blinked as she was on her back at a angle looking at Spark as she wondered why the hay she did this. Could it have been from that sound and the voice saying, 'Gotcha'. Really she was trembling at what she smelled and saw. 'It was too real.. like, a flash back in time.' She thought as she looks up at Spark and slowly got up after the minutes that seemed to be getting longer with each tick of time. She would lift up the worn and yellowed picture of Celestia looking at it. The goddess herself with that look on her face. She'd float the picture off to the floor. She slowly got up with Spark's help fixing her mane while she bushed herself off with her hooves and magic. "Go off?" She questions moving over to the dresser looking in to spot the grenade. She wasn't planning on touching that or moving the dresser. "..Oh, that.." She'd lift up the bobby pin from the inside. She brushing it off and checked to see if it was usable as well the color of it.
The Ice Elemental

Sweetie Belle

Post by Sweetie Belle » 10/12/17 02:37 PM

And the grenade sat there, unmoving, untouched, and as far as they could tell, harmless. It was most likely a dud, and there was no reason to think otherwise for the moment. But as Arctic examined the bobbypin, she would see it was in perfect condition, the metal straight and painted over with a black finish as if never having been touched by the wastelands. How strange that something so tiny and insignificant could remain so untouched. But, as for Sparks she should be thankful that the grenade hadn't gone off, given that within the dresser it would have been a shrapnel bomb in the worst possible way; splinters of every shape and size being flung in all directions, likely killing each of them before they could scream.Truly, a worrying death.

As for Arctic the smell of freshly baked apple pie still lingered in the air, only now overlayed with the scent of dust and burnt out wreckage. But, hey at least she had an image of the princess in the time before the war. Something to hold onto. Maybe even sell down the line if they were fortunate enough to run into ponies with half the mind to barter. If... if of course they were out there. But, upon closer inspection of the safe Silver would notice that other then the light click click clicking of his pipbuck and the little slot for where the bobby pin could slip in to unlock it, there wasn't much to the safe over all. It was fairly basic, though whatever could be inside was certainly intriguing. Perhaps ammo? Or perhaps another trap? At this point no one could really be sure.

Pinkie Pie

Post by Pinkie Pie » 10/12/17 03:54 PM

With a wipe of her brow, Sparks looked around. Again she was just thankful that the bomb never actually went off. She had hoped to save Arctic and silver if it had gone off but looking now at the amount of shrapnel that could've buried into her back, the little pony in her head yelped and galloped around 'Stupid Sparky, that could've killed us' the pony in her head said, but she shrugged it off and looked to the both of her companions.
"Hey, uhm, if you don't want that poster, I'd like to have it. As I said, before, my room back in the stable had a few posters, never did have one of the princesses. Apart from the "Gotcha" which spooks me out a little, It'd go great with my collection. Unless you wanted to keep it of course"

She looked to the safe though and then back to Arctic, thinking about if she could actually crack it open as Silver had suggested. "Uhm.. also sorry Arctic buuuuttt this safe might have goodies" she bowed apologetically and pulled the bobby pin away from Arctic. Moving past Silver she pulled out her screw driver from her sadly bag and moved up to the safe. "old Abernathy got locked in his room a few times back in the stab- wait.. that's radiation isn't it?" she asked, listening to the clicks from her pipbuck.
"Harmless amount but we shouldn't stay too long"
With that said, Spark's moved her lockpick and screwdriver into the slot and attempted to lockpick.
"We may be divided
But of you all, I beg
To remember we're all hoofed
At the end of each leg"

-Pinkie Pie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a93Za9KZzMA

Silver Night
Founding Member

Post by Silver Night » 10/14/17 11:53 AM

Silver already forgot about the grenade and is more focused on the safe. A locked safe means more loot, right? Who know, they might get lucky and a water talisman might be in it! "Uhm, yeah, you can have it, heh. She looks silly on that one." He smirks, as she takes the poster. Silver watches her as she moves past him, and follows her up to the safe. The ticking increases slightly. "Yeah, just hurry alright?" He says, watching her fiddle with the lock. "Think you can crack it? How many bobby pins do you got?"

//Sorry for the delay, kinda got buried in my brain.

Arctic Heart
Founding Member

Post by Arctic Heart » 10/14/17 03:29 PM

Arctic looked down at the poster of Celestia grinning as she held the bobby pin she wanted to use in her mane to keep a strand out of her face. She'd lift up the poster and tuck it away into her bag. "Never seen a picture of her like that. I'd like to hold onto it.. Don't have much posters in my room.." She says then looked down to Spark as she gave a bow to her. Then blinked as the black bobby pin was taken away. She'd walk over to the safe as her Pipbuck clicked.. she'd take a couple of steps back until the clicking stopped. She wanted that pin but would let it go as she looked off focusing on other things.

She could still smell that pie.. it smelled so good. She sniffed the air as she walked about until finding herself before a half buried tool box. She would reach for it but.. was hesitant to open it. That grenade was sure making her think twice. If there was something like that about.. then surely a pony had rigged it up. She'd take a couple of steps back as she began to walk back over to them looking at the safe. "I don't think something that is giving of.. radiation is good." She says over to them but just like them she was curious to see what was inside them.
The Ice Elemental

Sweetie Belle

Post by Sweetie Belle » 10/18/17 10:45 AM

And thus began the slow task of working the little pin against the tumblers of the safe, which wasn't all too hard, though it was slow going to keep the thing from snapping against the metal and screwdriver. There was a close call once, the pin groaning in slight protest as it twisted the wrong way but it was quickly corrected and set upon the right way. And in short enough time, the safe would click open with a pop, the bobby pin still good for Arctic's hair too!

But the moment that the lock was picked, and the safe was opened, the slight bit of ambient radiation would immediately jump to that of unsafe levels, the counters on the pipbucks jumping with rapid clicking into the yellow meter. +2 rads per 2 seconds. Which wasn't an immediate worry, though they were absorbing radiation. They should be careful not to linger around too long. And inside the safe? Well, a bird's nest. A large bird nest. In the roof of the safe there was a burned hole through the top, melt slag and metal having dripped down the walls like a misshapen river. And in the center of the nest, an egg. A glowing egg, but it seemed that there had been no activity from whatever bird had laid it. Though if they looked closely the egg itself was only slightly radioactive. But would they risk taking the egg from the nest even with the signs of the parents not being around for however long they'd been gone?

Still, within the safe there were a number of bottlecaps, (40 to be exact.) as well as a little collection of random bullets namely for guns none of them possessed; their pipbucks reading off the new ammo as 10mm. (30 rounds) But that was it.

Pinkie Pie

Post by Pinkie Pie » 10/18/17 01:08 PM

"I should be able to Crack it but I just hope what ever is behind it is worth the small bit of rads" She chuckled and nodded. Upon Arctic claiming the poster she smiled and didn't ask anymore for it. "also, I promise to give this back if it doesn't break" She gave a reassuringly smile to Arctic and got to work.

With her tongue hanging out in concentration she levied the bobby pin and screwdriver until it clicked, the pins within the lock lining up eventually and that sweet spot allowing her to unlock the safe. Once it was open though, she was slightly disappointed. The Radiation spilling from that egg and the lack of Technology made her wriggle her nose and grumble. "all that for an egg and some bullets we don't even have a weapon for.. well at least there is some of these bottle caps, again you two can split, I've picked a few up already"

With an almost cartoonish like frown at the lack of tech or "junk" she could tinker with she moved aside and allowed the other two to take a peak. She did however pass the bobby Pin back to Arctic "should still be good, might be a bit bent but you could easily flatten it out" With that said and done, Sparks took up a covering position, making sure no-one got the jump on them whilst the other two looked at the safe's contents.
"We may be divided
But of you all, I beg
To remember we're all hoofed
At the end of each leg"

-Pinkie Pie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a93Za9KZzMA

Silver Night
Founding Member

Post by Silver Night » 10/19/17 07:32 AM

"An egg?" Silver questions, grabbing 20 bits from the safe and passing the other 20 to Arctic. "An egg that radiates... well, radiation!" He says, holding up his pipbuck hoof and checking the radiation levels. Still within reason, for now. "What could've happened here?" He tries to look through the hole, seeing the ceiling part of the safe has been melted away. "Hmm, whatever did this must've been very hot, I doubt the egg itself did that, it doesn't radiate enough to burn a hole in 3 inch thick steel.

"To bad we cannot take it, thought it's probably for the best; I don't wanna see what kinda creature laid that!" He says with a chuckle, glancing at his friends. "I think it's about time we move on, we still need to find the water talisman." He says, spreading his wings and flapping up to land on the still standing walls, making sure to not collapse the whole thing. Once up there, he peers over the landscape, looking out for trouble.

Arctic Heart
Founding Member

Post by Arctic Heart » 10/19/17 02:26 PM

Arctic had lifted out the poster of Celestia looking it over, thinking of the trap that was set. Somepony set that trap for someone like her to wander into.. to get blown up. Looking at that grin of Celestia was something, she felt like ripping the poster up. But she poured that blame towards whoever set the trap.. couldn't have been the Princess.. She'd slid the poster back with her things and look over to see the safe open. She trotting up as her Pipbuck told there was low radiation here. She'd float out all the 10mm rounds and noticed the caliber. She thought they were 9mm.. but these were slightly bigger. She'd float the bullets over, "I'll keep a hold of these for us.. Never know?" She says over to them then looked at the eggs. She'd slowly close the safe door. Whatever laid them.. was best to leave them be.

She had taken the caps as she put them with the rest in her belongings, "Really.. why are carrying these.. bottle caps.. They just look like... junk." She says looking at it as she angled it looking it over before putting it away. She walking onto the sand being away from what was left of a house. Taking the bobby pin she got back from Spark, she'd fix it with her magic with some bending here and there. She'd then take out the other two bobby pins and shook her mane as she fixed it up with her magic. Taking all three pins she slid them into position to keep a part of her mane from falling to her face. Her mane glittered from what light was provided of the wastes as well her Pipbuck's light which she remembered was on and turned it off.
The Ice Elemental

Sweetie Belle

Post by Sweetie Belle » 10/24/17 08:58 AM

And at the egg not being taken, the door being slowly pushed close the egg would slightly shift in it's nest, a very hushed, 'peep' being enhanced by the walls of the metal prison it was in. Though, Arctic may hear something very different. A cry for help of sorts, the egg falling still after making it's noise. Whatever was insisde seemed to have sensed them, and now it reached out to the three."⋅⋅⋅ᴴᵉᶫᵖ⋅⋅⋅" Arctic would hear, a tiny, insignificant voice that was frail and on the verge of perishing.Well if they really wanted to leave it, then there was no stopping them. Though whatever was in it was likely rather exotic, and if they found a trader could fetch a pretty number of bottle caps. Or at the very least, a nice little omelette.

As Silver poked his head out into the wasteland once more, he wouldn't see very much; unless you considered rolling sands and glassed splintered ground. There'd be a number of buildings down the way, most of them in similar shapes as the ones they had just raided and barely in any better shape. There might be more loot in them, but there was also the likely hood of more traps like the grenade in the dresser. It was a risk/reward sort of mentality. But s glint of shinning metal in the distance, which seemed to be moving off in another direction. Whatever it was another, and then another, and then another would begin to appear crossing through the sand like wastes in a caravan of sorts off towards whatever they were looking for. Silver could see roughly 8 silver dots moving through the sands, though what they were would be difficult to tell. Maybe they should start making their way towards whatever it was? Maybe avoid it? The wasteland was bizarre, dangerous, and likely risky. But the potential rewards could not be denied as well.