Starfall Gala Planning

A Nightmare Takeover AU
Moondancer

Starfall Gala Planning

Post by Moondancer » 9/27/17 02:22 PM

To Queen Nightmare Moon;

I hate you. I utterly despise you, and at the first opportunity available to me, I am going to break you. I am going to tear you down from your throne, cast you lower than the most rejected and reviled pony in the world. I find my dislike for you grows every night that passes, and the hate I feel for you only fuels my magic. The Elements of Harmony may not be able to defeat you, but I promise that some day my hate will. Fortunately for you, the only thing I hate more than you is Celestia, and I will not do anything that helps her return to power. And so I find myself necessarily, though reluctantly, remaining ever faithful to you. But rest assured that my hatred is as undying as my loyalty.

The suggestion of a Starfall Gala IS an opportunity for us to take advantage of. We need to display the glory of the night, honor our "liberator" Nightmare Moon, and display the glory and bounty of Equestria. And we need to do that soon and then get back to the issue of making sure that within the next few months we resolve the fact that this planet will die without sunlight. But that's a missive for another time.

Before I proceed with any major preparations and suggestions, I would like to collect your thoughts, of any, on the upcoming Gala. Your sister's past gala's were all epic disasters of either total boredom, or such ineptly managed chaos that if they had been any closer to the status garden, Discord would have been set free. We need to show something with power, with a promise for the future, and with great reward for those who have shown us loyalty. And we absolutely cannot have this be a time for the rebels to hand out some humiliating attack.

In fact the one thing I DO suggest right now is that the gala be open, be neutral. All sides should be welcomed, conflicts set aside, and gifts of food and supplies be made available to the outlying communities around the castle. I doubt highly that we will ever convince the leaders of the rebellions that Celestia is their true enemy and not us, but we CAN start to impress upon the people that you wish to rule this kingdom, not just demolish it out of spite.

Yours, hatefully,

Moondancer
Magister Equus, Court of the Moon

Noctis Moon

Re: Starfall Gala Planning

Post by Noctis Moon » 11/2/17 02:43 PM

To my ambivalent subject;

The eve in which you overthrow me is the eve in which all of Equestria falls. As you are well aware, a nation divided amongst itself can never stand. So long as Celestia remains your enemy, I know that we have an accord that even you would not so easily break. But be warned; I bestowed upon you all the power a unicorn could ever want, and I am more than capable of stripping it all away and then some. The ponies of this land fear you, hate you. Nopony would take you in, and many more would take the initiative to end your life given the opportunity.

I have been made aware of my sister's prior events. Pompous ponies prancing about the castle talking business and politics. I daresay my time as ruler of this land has been rife with negotiations and political arguments, not just with my own subjects but with the sovereign rulers of our neighboring lands. I am aware of the risk I am presenting in making the Starfall Gala a public occurrence, Moondancer. To open my doors to ponies of all manner of temperament toward me is an open invitation for rebellion. But it is also an opportunity for us to uncover those who wish to defy me.

I will have to speak, when the time comes, for all of Equestria. Food is only one of the issues I must address, and on that subject I have you to thank; your knowledge of the scientific world has opened up new avenues for sustaining a passable stockpile of edible food. As per your suggestion, I have entrusted the continued research of creating a sufficient source of food to North Star and Gingerbread. I've been monitoring their progress closely, and they have assured me that the results of their preliminary tests will be delivered before the eve of the Gala.

At the moment, my biggest concern is with the other nations. I have every confidence that I will, in time, be able to convince our neighbors that the moonlight and the light of the stars is sufficient. What I cannot do if I am to keep on friendly terms, is deny their customs. I have received no less than 4 letters from the various Zebra tribes expressing dissatisfaction with my eternal night, and one has threatened to lobby for war. Legends speak of a stone deep within the earth capable of producing enough heat and light to serve as a small sun. If we could research a means to synthesize such a mineral, we may just have the leverage to ensure the support of our strongest and most closely-integrated neighbors.

Your Queen,

Nightmare Moon

Moondancer

Re: Starfall Gala Planning

Post by Moondancer » 11/8/17 06:57 PM

My Queen;

I'm quite pleased to know that, while there will ever be a lasting emnity between you and I, you see your way to the understanding that an even greater hatred motivates me in all things, and one does not have to like another for there to be loyalty. I do not disguise the fact that I plan on taking you and your throne; then again, I would expect you to find this precisely what you would expect from one fit to stand by your side.

I too have been working with ponies on the issue of adapting to this blessed eternal night. A pony named WildLight has been admitted to my personal court to work with me. Personally, I still believe our long-term best solution is my idea of a sun-shield permitting only certain colors of light, but as yet I lack the magic to erect such a construct over the entire world. I do have some ideas there. Failing that, perhaps even better than that, is an idea I will only speak to you directly about.

As for the Gala, I suggest we schedule it for sometime in the middle of November, right around the traditional fall harvest time. I do have an idea for magically surging the growth of plants on loyalist farms. Expensive, but, if we plan properly, it will only have to be done once.

This all being said, I must ask why you didn't think about any of these issues BEFORE plunging the world into an eternal night which you refused to yield?

Moondancer
Magister Equus, Court of the Moon