Meetings Between Villains

A Nightmare Takeover AU
Moondancer

Meetings Between Villains

Post by Moondancer » 8/9/17 07:30 PM

Moondancer

Moondancer would summon Master Plan to the chambers of the Magister Equitum. It was with, no doubt, a sense of strong irony that Nightmare Moon would have had Celestia's chambers in the original castle, now restored, turned into Moondancer's rooms. Of course, everything Celestia had been long ago ripped out. When given the section of the castle for herself, Moondancer's first few days had been a Kylo Ren-tastic bout of screaming and scorched walls as she "renovated". The guards would allow Master Plan in, to find the mare sitting upon her somewhat subdued throne. "We have some issues to discuss, Master Plan." The mare intoned, lighting up a long white cigarette as she sat on what had once been her mentor's throne. Others might not appreciate that gesture but such blatant disrespect, doing something Celestia would have never approved of, was practically a screaming sign of her switch loyalties to someone like MP.

Master Plan

The stallion trots up to the throne looking over the de facto heir to the Nightmare in the usual calculating gaze that's served him well, though he can't help but smirk at the mare and her bad habit. He himself is of marked difference from the other version she met, he almost slinks in his movements, easy and relaxed despite the charged atmosphere of the regime. His colors almost comically out of line with the colors of the night but he's carved his place out in the dark, armored uniform of the Obsidian Shard. "Oh? And what sort of Issues would those be Magister?" he asks with polite curiosity, though a corner of his mouth threatens to tick upward into his all knowing smile.

Moondancer

"I've already solved the problem of growing crops without daylight, in a rather brilliany way, though I'm keeping that to myself until I can present the results of my work to the Princess.... but it's another mater I want to speak of you on. There's two things that could be serious impediments to our Pirncess's rule, and ponies like us should take care of them BEFORE Nightmare Moon even thinks to ask. Ideally, we should come to her with these problems solved.... or at least a plan of some action."

She took a long drag on her cigarette and exhaled out, narrowing her eyes as she looked past him, over his shoulder at the future. "Somewhere in Canterlot in Celestia's old gardens there is a statue of a draconequus. His name is discord, a creature of chaos. He's been turned to stone by the elements of Harmony. There's two possibilities with him. One is that my failure with the elements has set him free. The other is that he's still in stone. And if it's still in stone, he could be freed by sufficent disharmony." She looked at him through the sheen of smoke and scowled. "Now is a disharmonious time.... we need to find Discord, and if he's still in stone, we need to DESTROY him. Not seal him away, not hide the statue and hope for the best, we need to KILL him."

She leaned back to take another drag on her cigarette. "And then we need to come full circle and find out whatever it was that created the Elements of Harmony, and destory that too. We need to be free of both forces looming over us, playing games with our fate. Restoring the elements is also the hope of any rebels, and that's a hope I would like to see utterly demolished."

Master Plan

Master thinks a long moment and nods "Might I ask how you came upon the information on this Discord?" he asks, he's well aware of the name and with most archive records available to the Shards he's come to the same conclusion. Such a powerful capricious being would only be a threat, best to dispose of it while still possible. Still, he plays the game with her.

Moondancer

Moondancer chuckled. "School foals used to visit the statue, Master Plan, it's not that much of a state secret. I was one of them, I used to live in Canterlot. Truth to tell, many of the statues scattered through Equestria have some history to their creation that often involves a pony turned to stone. But he's the only one we need to worry about." She took another drag on her cigarette, looking at him. "I think what you really want to know is why I came to you? The answer is simple.... Equestria is ruled by four ponies. Let's not mince words. Right now Nightmare Moon is no doubt taking Sejanus cock up her royal ass as the power-couple revels in the night. Those two are the brute force. And we're the brains. Neither does very well without the other, and if Nightmare is going to have her right-hoof pony, I want mine. I'd prefer it to be you. After all, you helped Nightmare make me the mare I am. I owe you some gratitude for my ascension."

Master Plan

Master chuckles and his eyes go sharp as he looks at her, a look she remembers vividly as he steps up to the throne and unbidden runs the back of his hoof down her neck with a cold smile in semi-reminiscence "You don't have to do that, Ive already gotten my reward.. part of which was to work with you.." He smirks, clearly he meaning 'on you' not 'with you,' and steps back returning to the topic as if they didn't have that moment of intensity. "Now, as for the Elements..." he trails off, musing "I Agree, we find whatever created them if such a power still exists in the world. But, I say we just watch it for a time, make every contingency and precaution we can think, but, not destroy it. It'd be a powerful tool, one we can use to tantalize the rebels with and destroy them all at once along with this power when the time is right."

Moondancer

"You never read comic books, did you, Master Plan? We're the villains, and that's JUST the sort of thing the villains do, and then our heroic rebels manage to surface at the last moment and recover the thing we locked away. No, it needs to be destroyed." She paused and looked at him for a moment more as she took a drag on her cigarette.

"Or is that what you want, Master Plan?" She leaned back in her throne, eyes on him. "You know as well as I do that Nightmare Moon is going to be a thousand year reign of terror, but I think, deep down, you don't want it, do you? You want her to reign long enough for you to have some fun, and when you've taken your toll of suffering, the world can be reset to be the way it was, and the happy little utopia can return." She crushed out the cigarette and stood up, spreading her wings out behind her.

"I am NOT going to let that happen!" She slammed her front hooves down, glaring at him. "Tommorow will dawn in darkness, Master Plan, as will every day after until the breaking of the world. Every pony that lives is going to suffer for their foolishness, and every generation from now until the end of time is going to curse this one for what their foolish neglect loosed upon the world. This is not playtime. And I promise you... once everything on this world that could possibly stop Nightmare Moon has been destroyed, I'm going to go to the moon and destroy Celestia MYSELF!"

Master Plan

Master grins "I will admit, I was more into wargaming than comics" he waves his hoof idly in a moment of seeming nonchalance, only for it to crack across her muzzle and his eyes go deathly cold "Whorse! How *Dare* you question me or my loyalties and motives! IM the will of the State, and Nightmare IS the State! Don't mistake my idle fancies and soundings here with you, my pet intellectual peer, for anything else!" he snorts derisively "Utopia." he spits at her feet. "The former age was gilded at *best.* for a select few. We are here to make an age of moonlit steel and I will gladly rut you over Celestia's corpse when you finally do." he hisses

Moondancer

Moondancer gave him a distrustful glare, and flicked her mane around. "Hardly the first corpse you have rutted me over... " Her horn glowed, opening the door to her bed chambers. "Come along..... I'd like to be reminded why I hate you so much, I can't think of any place better for that right now than my bed....." and with that, she headed into her sleeping chambers.